Code of Conduct
DEMCCO MEETING CODE OF CONDUCT
PURPOSE: Create Order and Decorum at all DEMCCO Meetings
As participants at DEMCCO meetings, it is our responsibility to be accountable for our own actions and conduct ourselves ethically, responsibly, and with the knowledge that our actions may have consequences. When interacting with others at our meetings, it is important to respect their opinions and to create an environment that is inclusive.
Code of Conduct:
- Participants shall conduct themselves with civility and respect toward all other participants.
- Participants shall not engage in harassment. Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- name calling, ridicule, threats or slurs;
- deliberate intimidation;
- interruption of proposed meeting agenda; asserting control over the presiding officer; and
- advocating for or encouraging the above behavior.
- A member shall not discriminate against nor use discriminatory language on the basis of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, immigration status, or veteran status.
- A participant shall observe and abide by the Bylaws of DEMCCO.
- A participant shall not engage in or encourage any actions detrimental to DEMCCO.
- Participants will not disparage candidates, elected officials or their families by their comments or behavior.
Participants who violate this “Code of Conduct” while speaking at any meeting of DEMCCO shall forfeit their speaking time. Participants who violate the “Code of Conduct” or otherwise breakdown the order of a meeting may be ejected from any meeting of DEMCCO. DEMCCO members who have violated the “Code of Conduct” may be subject to removal from membership according to Article II, Section 4 of the DEMCCO Bylaws.