Code of Conduct
DEMCCO MEETING CODE OF CONDUCT
PURPOSE: Create Order and Decorum at all DEMCCO Meetings
As participants at DEMCCO meetings, it is our responsibility to be accountable for our own actions and conduct ourselves ethically, responsibly, and with the knowledge that our actions may have consequences. When interacting with others at our meetings, it is important to respect their opinions and to create an environment that is inclusive.
Code of Conduct:
- Participants shall conduct themselves with civility and respect toward all other participants.
- Participants shall not engage in harassment. Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- name calling, ridicule, threats or slurs;
- deliberate intimidation;
- interruption of proposed meeting agenda; asserting control over the presiding officer; and
- advocating for or encouraging the above behavior.
- A member shall not discriminate against nor use discriminatory language on the basis of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, immigration status, or veteran status.
- A participant shall observe and abide by the Bylaws of DEMCCO.
- A participant shall not engage in or encourage any actions detrimental to DEMCCO.
- Participants will not disparage candidates, elected officials or their families by their comments or behavior.
Participants who violate this “Code of Conduct” while speaking at any meeting of DEMCCO shall forfeit their speaking time. Participants who violate the “Code of Conduct” or otherwise breakdown the order of a meeting may be ejected from any meeting of DEMCCO. DEMCCO members who have violated the “Code of Conduct” may be subject to removal from membership according to Article II, Section 4 of the DEMCCO Bylaws.
DEMCCO’s Mission is to foster and perpetuate the ideals and principles of the Democratic Party, stimulate active interest in governmental affairs, and promote the highest degree of justice and social well-being. DEMCCO believes the way to a healthy national, state and local party begins in our own backyards with the active participation of our volunteers in government affairs, particularly at the local level and sustaining a vital Democratic Club for our area.
Each of us is equal and deserves protection under the law and the freedom to live life striving to obtain our full human potential. Diversity is strength and a cause for celebration – not a reason to be divided. We hold that through inclusion, tolerance and understanding the American promise can be realized.
America will progress to become even better than its glorious past. The future belongs to those that can see it and are willing to work for it. DEMCCO will become a viable force for change. DEMCCO will be part of the fulfillment of the promise of America through the execution of its foundation tenets.
- To educate our members
- To support Democratic candidates and other progressive candidates who reflect the values of the Democratic Party
- To advocate on behalf of important issues
- To encourage participation in self government
- And to have fun doing it!
DEMCCO offers the community-at-large, our members and local Democrats a number of opportunities to participate in the Democratic activities through innovative programs, community outreach and a very active membership. We are a vital presence in North County with continuing plans to increase our visibility.
We consistently offer superlative monthly programs and speakers, have a successful yearly fundraiser, and our focus on community outreach has grown exponentially through voter registration booths at multiple events several times throughout the calendar year. Last year in particular the Club was very active politically, financially supporting multiple candidates, participating in phone banks and precinct walks, and assisting in political campaigns for numerous candidates.
Fundraising for the club is a focus: DEMCCO believes financially supporting candidates is a crucial responsibility. The Club believes in active communication with its members through meetings, emails, websites and networking so they will understand the value of this support and how it affects each of them.